The Victim Witness Division of the Preble County Prosecutor’s Office is located at 123 S. Cherry Street, Eaton.
Martin P. Votel serves as the Executive Director of the Victim Witness Program, for which there are two full time advocates. The advocates’ role is to assist the victims of crimes and/or their families.
The advocacy role includes, but may not be limited to:
- 24/7 on-call response to victims and/or their families
- Responding to a crime scene or hospital
- Assisting with protection order applications
- Providing court advocacy for victims
- Acting as a liaison between victims of crime, their families, and the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
- Making service referrals, such as counseling and public services
- Notifying victims of court hearings and other court-related appearances
The Victim Witness Program also offers support to grieving victims and their families by hosting events during the annual Victim Rights Awareness Week. Victim Rights Awareness Week 2016 will be April 10 – 16. On April 12th at 7:00P.M. a candle-light vigil will be held on the second floor of the Preble County courthouse in remembrance of our victims of crime and their families.
Brenda Miller is the Director of the Preble County Victim/Witness Program.
Allie Shafer is a full-time Victim Advocate.